Title: Production Manager
Reports to: Creative Director
We are a fast growing independent clothing brand with a continued expansion both locally and internationally.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Production Manager to fit with our company, managing our entire production cycle. The successful candidate will work closely with the Design team, managing the critical path and implementing production processes that are aligned with the business strategy.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Establish critical path dates for upcoming range releases and deliveries.
- Manage all aspects of the production process from initial sampling to bulk delivery, ensuring target delivery dates are met
- Liaise with onshore and offshore suppliers
- Prepare costings and negotiate prices on bulk items
- Negotiate terms of production arrangements and place production orders with manufacturers
- Organise and distribute salesman samples for national and international agents
- Monitor orders to ensure garments meet pre-determined specifications and quality
- Book labels, trims and accessories and ensure delivery dates are maintained
- Resolve production issues
- Maintain communication with suppliers
- Liaise with our internal shipping/warehouse manager to keep abreast of deliveries
- Constant communication with the fashion team regarding deliveries
- Source new suppliers
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience as a Production Manager or Senior Production Coordinator, with off-shore & on-shore production experience in apparel and accessories
- An excellent knowledge of garment construction and fabric.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and negotiate target prices
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Factory contacts with knit and woven apparel manufacturers will be highly regarded
- Ability to work well with a small team
- Ability to draft patterns and /or understand technical requirements of a pattern
- Experience in business management systems a bonus
- An understanding of the brand and a passion for independent design.
- A great attitude!
To be considered for the position, please submit your C.V. to [email protected]